Have you ever noticed that when you feel an emotion, like guilt, anxiety, discouragement, boredom, or loneliness you want to eat? Food can never resolve an emotion, but it does soothe... temporarily.
In my experience, emotions come and go. They are meant to flow through us - like water through a hose. However sometimes emotions get stuck in our bodies - just like a kink in a hose will block the water flow.
If I could give you a 60 second technique to shift a food craving or an emotion (and un-kink the hose), would you be interested?
My teacher Lori Hammond taught me this powerful mindset tool which I really love because it's easy and super effective. Here is how it goes:-
1. Connect with the craving or emotion. Make it stronger by tensing your body up and shallow breathing in your upper chest.
2. Rate on a scale of 1-10 how strong the craving or emotion is.
3. Sit up straight, and breathe slowly and deeply into your belly while doing this next part. Drop into the feeling.
Where do you feel it in your body?
What colour is it? (Breathe deeply)
Does it have a shape?
Sensation? (Another big slow breath)
Allow to be as vivid as possible. (Take one more long slow breath)
4. Now simply look at it and say in a gentle voice... "There you are - I see you".
5. Don't try to manage it or make it go away. Just notice it and B R E A T H E.
6. As you observe it, you can ask yourself "What if I can feel this and be okay?" Repeat this sentence a few times.
7. Now, look around the room you are in for three things that are red or blue. Name them out loud.
8. Observe the place in your body where that discomfort used to be. Notice how the sensation has changed on a scale of 1-10.
It's so simple, isn't it?
If you want to trim down this spring, would you like to join me on my Weight Loss Made Easy Course starting on the 11th October? Click here to find out more...
p.s. You can get a recording of this protocol from my free resources page on my website. Click here
You can also get my brochure on Stress and Anxiety here too.
18/11/2022 09:31:56 pm
Money without edge black say at. Personal care sure social here.
Leave a Reply.
Elayne Lane is an instructor of the Universal Healing Tao. She has been teaching and doing bodywork in excess of 20 years.