How to prepare your massage room
1. Take the phone off the hook
2. Place a “do not disturb” sign on the outside door
3. Pre-heat the room
4. Use an electric blanket to warm up the massage table
5. Use an essential oil burner with essential oils, or a scented candle to perfume the
6. Warm up the towels on a heater and place them over exposed parts of the body to keep warm
7. Play appropriate music that you both like
8. Place a pillow under your client’s feet when they are face down, and move it to under their knees when they are face up
9. Have soft lighting that isn’t directly shining in your client’s eyes
10. Warm up the carrier oil and your hands.
Learn beginner's massage now! Next course is on Saturday 18th May. Book here
Elayne Lane is an instructor of the Universal Healing Tao. She has been teaching and doing bodywork in excess of 14 years.