I want to extend a very big Thank You to all the Women who attended the Women's Chi Kung Introductory night at Fairfield House with my teacher Gabrielle Euteneuer recently. Many women asked if they could join weekly my class and I am pleased to say that I have now booked a venue large enough to hold a group this size.
Briefly these classes are designed for Women's Health. I run them weekly on Thursday nights at the Tahunanui Primary School Assembly Hall, Muritai Street, Tahunanui, Nelson, starting at 6.45 p.m. starting on the 1st August. The cost is $50 for ten weeks or $7.00 casual. The first class is FREE!
The benefits of these classes are:
My chi kung teacher, Gabrielle is coming to Nelson to teach 4-7 July. She has many years experience and has learnt directly from Mantak Chia - a Taoist Master living in Thailand. I want to invite you to two different events:
1. An Introductory night on Thursday 4th July (donation only) where Gabrielle will lead our Women's Chi Kung class. This is a unique opportunity to experience Chi Kung. For further details and testimonials click here
2. The Tao of Healing Love weekend course 5-7 July in Marahau. For further information click here
Here is Gabrielle’s experience of these ancient practices: “More than 30 years ago I attended my first Healing Tao workshop. I was on a spiritual path, but had so many health issues. I practiced Yoga for years, but it didn’t improve my immune system. I was looking for answers - how to move in
my life - and I didn’t expect working with my sexual energy will be the key!
I learnt the sexual energy massage as a preparation for a meditation and was amazed by the outcome.
Massaging the breasts (on top of my clothing) and the lower abdomen whilst connecting with an inner smile, changed the chemistry of my body. After the sexual energy massage came a healing meditation.
My mind was quiet effortlessly! It was easy to sit in silence and just observe what the massage had
created. 15 minutes practice per day already can shift our vitality.
I am not someone who does an exercise, because it is good for me. I do need a motivation, and this Tao
practice holds this promise. Before I started the practice, I had premenstrual symptoms and pain during the menstruation. When I learnt the practice, I continued to do it once a day for 10 - 30 minutes.
When the next cycle came, the symptoms were already much less. I was amazed from the outcome and within 3 months they disappeared completely. Minimum effort made a great result”.
This is Elayne's personal experience of the Tao of Healing Love:
“This is a system designed to cultivate my energy (chi), good health, foster self-love, and grow spiritually. It has had a huge impact upon my life, and I love to teach it! The Tao of Healing Love teaches us how to awaken and combine our sexual energy with our heart energy, and use it for health and longevity. I liked it because it was practical and I could actually experience the benefits of doing the practice. It helped me immensely in my private practice as a healer/masseuse, as well as in my personal/intimate life. The course sets out a way of working with our sexuality on our own, and then how to use the practices with another person. The self cultivation helps balance hormones, balance the sex drive (too little or too much), increases vitality, helps process emotions which come up when you fall in love and brings about deeper connection when you are with a partner. What I personally have observed since doing these practices are as follows:
1. I am more steady emotionally and less affected by other people’s emotions. The Inner Smile has helped me to love myself and puts me in touch with my body
2. My sex drive balanced out
3. I have a sexual/heart practice to use during periods of celibacy which gives me health and vitality
4. My breasts are healthier, with less pre-menstrual breast lumps. They are also more sensitive
and responsive to touch.
5. It has helped me grow spiritually by loosening blockages and teaching me through the wisdom which arises from my inner knowing
6. When I have a deep connection with a client in a massage session, I stay centered through the practice of circulating my energy in the Microcosmic Orbit
7. It has helped me open up as a healer: I am able to send more chi/energy to assist my client’s healing process
8. I am more sensitive to my clients’ emotions because I am more aware of my own through the Six
9. I have more vitality and stay well
10. I have techniques which I can use to sleep better, to quiet my mind, to release stress, to balance my hormones and clear my energy field.
Autumn is a time of seeming opposites: a time to interact but
also at time to maintain distance and reflect. In Traditional Chinese
Medicine, autumn is connected to the Metal element and the organs are the large
intestine and the lungs - metaphorically it is the “skin” through which we “take
in” and “let go”. The Metal element influences the skin and fascia (the
connective tissue that separates and wraps all the organs, muscles and bones)
and is crucial to the vitality of the body and mind. If this element is
healthy we are in touch with our feelings and we are able to communicate them to
others appropriately – it is the power of honesty, uprightness and pride in
oneself. If the Metal element is impaired a person can feel tired,
depressed, sad, shortness of breath, we can be prone to colds, skin conditions,
elimination problems, irritable bowel.
At this time of the year it is helpful to give our lungs a good tonic
and also boost up the immune system. Burning essential oils
such as peppermint, eucalyptus, tea tree, manuka or frankincense help the immune
system and the lungs. Often we do feel sad at this time of the
year because we are going into winter. Deep breathing practice helps the
processing of grief and depression – walking in nature with hill climbs are
If you have trouble with your digestion (especially constipation) try
massaging a mixture of 10 mls of castor oil and the essential oils of orange (2
drops), fennel (1 drop) and black pepper (2 drops) on your abdomen, cover with a
towel and a hottie for 15 minutes.
The skin and fascia all benefit from massage, especially myofascial
release massage. It helps the elasticity of the skin and fascia – it also calms the mind
and relaxes the body.
Elayne Lane is an instructor of the Universal Healing Tao. She has been teaching and doing bodywork in excess of 14 years.